of 1st Choice
for all business
Stories to ring the changes
Extract: Published in Human Capital Review and selected by Knowledge Resources to feature in their book "Managing Change in Organisations', Edited by Johan Herholdt, the article shows how stories work during times of change and transition – covering:
· Stories offer a context for change.
· Stories engage.
· Stories raise awareness.
· Stories open troubled organizations to lateral thinking and to imaginative
· Stories invoke a new kind of leadership because they hold multiple meanings.
· Stories are open-ended.
· Stories arrive in a pliable ever-changing form.
· Stories are the way of the future.
· Stories nourish the health of an organisation.
· Stories offer us alternatives - other ways of responding to changing
· Stories are part of the glue that facilitates individual growth in line with
Note: copyright of this article vests in the Editor of Managing Change in Organisations (Johan Herholdt) and Knowres Publishing (Pty) Ltd for the duration of their publishing contract, whereafter it reverts to the Halo and Noose authors)
You do not have access to view the full article.
Register Now for a once off lifetime membership - to access our eBook & eWorkBook downloads, articles, metaphors, audio feeds, newsletters, self assessment tools and more.